Zelda Universe RPG

Future Updates - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: News & Information (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Future Updates (/thread-77.html)

Future Updates - WindStrike - 04-17-2012

When the game starts back up in early June, there will be update lists once every one or two weeks. For the first one posted, there will actually be balance changes on various items as well as overall changes. Subsequent posts afterwards will only continue to add things. While it may not specify what exactly it adds due to it being in shop that's not one of the public-view ones, it will note that there was something added in that shop. If it's a shop in an area that no one has been in, it will note that (for example) 5 items and 3 spells were added in an unknown shop.

That said, the following things in the game are being worked on:
  • Consequences of Death:
  • Critical Hit System:
    • Or rather, it's no longer defaulted into the game. Instead, you will have a passive skill that you'll be able to buy at shops that gives you a different critical hit effect or alters the counterattack. There won't be a large number of these, but it should allow you to customize your character a little better without people always looking at the Rules & Knowledge Thread every time one goes off.
    • You will only be able to possess one of these skills at a time and it will always be active. If you want to switch them, you'll have to do it at a shop. I may be able to create a system (this will be global for all items) where you're able to switch items out if you're at a shop. For example, you've bought a certain artifact but don't want to carry it around (for fear of getting stolen), so you keep it at the shop and use something else in the meantime. You'd be able to freely switch anything you've paid for.
      • To make this less complex, it would be for every shop. Kinda doesn't make sense, but I'm not dealing with complicated stuff.
      • This would not apply to anything with an Amount.
    • The counterattack system will still remain as it has.
  • Arena Rules:
    • You get the full Rupee roll now as well as the random item drop. However, scrolls will not drop.
    • Since I don't remember how much everyone has been in the arena, I'm just going to give a 200 Rupees boost to all current players, which is also as thanks for playing the game up to this point and being patient for the updated version that starts again in June.
    • (I haven't actually added this one yet, I'll do it once I'm done with a certain paper)
  • Dual Affinity Attacks:
  • Certain Shops and Features:
    • Lake Hylia Fishing Pond - Temporarily removed. If it returns, I'm adding more mini-games with it.
    • Armor Improvement
      • If you've been in the Kakariko Armor Shop, you probably saw a crossed out section regarding armor improvement. I can't guarantee this will be in when the big update finally hits, but be assured it will be added with time.
    • Spirit Companions:
      • This was a Works-In-Progress feature that was going to be added with the Kokiri Quest. However, there were a number of factors that were iffy, so... whether this eventually makes it or not is unknown.
    • Traveling Poe Shop:
      • There will be more ways to access Shady's Shop than that flute that Sephiroth has. It will be at DM's discretion. There will probably be other shops that an artifact can be used to call on, and I will ensure that a player cannot have more than one of these so that there's a more even distribution through the various parties that form.
    • Open Market:
      • I still need to find a way to revamp how the player that comes up with the idea and sets up the shop gets Rupees. I doubt I'll be around for every transaction that occurs, and it's unlikely that players will (every time) tell me they bought or appraised rings or something.
      • Another one will be added regarding Potion Mixes, courtesy of Fireblast124.
  • Lots and Lots of Items and Spells:
    • And skills and enemies and stuff. Just know that I've been working consistently for the past month on many various things. They're not balanced (hence why they're not posted yet), but the ideas and concepts of them are written in.
    • Anything that doesn't have a one line description of what it is and does will eventually have it.
  • I'm missing something on this list, but I can't remember it at the moment. I'll edit it in later.

So there's a general list of stuff to come in about 1.5 months. Not everything will be listed there; it's just a preview. I'm not inflicting a game restart (your profiles will stay as is), however I might invoke a story restart. I'll make sure some things are salvaged, but the rest will be up to whoever I get for new primary DMs. I'm not great at story writing and since I'm familiar with just about everything in the game, I'll be the primary co-DM.