Zelda Universe RPG

Ideas (That sucks) - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: ZURPG General (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback & Suggestions (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Ideas (That sucks) (/thread-68.html)

Ideas (That sucks) - Forgotten Third Eye - 01-21-2012

I have few ideas that came to my mind, I thought I might post here just in case.

Upgrading system- Name says it all, upgrading things. This idea came to my head when playing SS, you can upgrade items and things depending on what kind of treasures, items, requirements, and/or other thing you have so you can upgrade you items to be better than before. Let's say that you want to upgrade your Subrosian Robe into a better one, you might want to have a Subrosian Robe with you (Duh), two Mmm... Lavas (Amount may be raised or lowered, not really sure), one Dodongo Meat (Or Dodongo Armor/Hide could work), and 10 ore chunks in order to upgrade to a Better Subrosian Robe. At a cost of 200 rupees (Or 20 ore chunks, not really sure about ore chunks and rupees conversion and vice versa, still trying to figure it out), you can upgrade to a better armor. Just keep in mind that I just used this as an example, but I think it would be a neat idea to upgrade the Subrosian Robe so the Subrosians can feel warmer outside their land without any problems. Although, they might still have some coldness on them, they might have to upgrade to a better Better Subrosian Robe! =P

Shovel- As the name says, it is a shovel. Can be used for digging things, obviously. Instead of just digging, it can be used for fighting too, although, the damage wouldn't be that high, heck, it IS a shovel. As for the roll, I am not really sure, probably a regular item drop roll or something? It can be used in Subrosia to dig up some hidden ore chunks from whatever long it has been there. Use courage - 2 when used in battle.

Lucky Shovel- An upgrade of the regular Shovel, it is more likely to dig something up of a high probability. Still uses the same roll as the regular shovel, but this shovel has a secret in it that none knows unless you use it in battle. When using in battle, you can roll a $#d4 dice for extra damage (# being how many courage you have). Use courage + 1 when used in battle.

Mixing bottled things- Don't ask me why, this might be a good idea in some case! xD. Mixing one potion with another bottled item will result with a new potion/bottled item! An example could be mixing an Mmm... Lava with a Red Potion (Or Heart Potion) would make the Mmm... Lava upgrade to a Heart Lava that can restore all of your hearts and give you +6 attack dice bonuses for the remainder of the battle! Although, this is an example, it might be pricey due to it giving you +6 attack dice bonuses, I think it would be unfair when used for low levels because it might just rack EXP up fairly quickly. It WOULD, however, be used for some boss fights or really hard enemy fights. The cost might be 500 rupees, not too sure about it.

That's all I have in mind, I might think of more later on, these ideas can be altered in any way to make this RPG fair... In a way... *Inserts witty ending statement here*

I am in a use for upgrading things...

RE: Ideas (That sucks) - WindStrike - 01-21-2012

Lucky Shovel would be the artifact version of the shovel.

Upgrading items, first of all, that's not something that was originated in SS, it just has it's own system. I actually do already have something in mind, but it's for adding bonuses to items, not completely upgrading them into new items. Gonna hold off on this idea for a while just because of the complexity of it, but don't necessarily disregard it either.

Mixing potions, as we discussed in chat, we're going to run a master list of recipes (of which only Fireblast and I know), and Fireblast will be running a shop that sells the combinations of potions, but it does not say what potions combine to make it. By potions, I mean bottled items.

Any other comments and ideas in relation to Fireblast's suggestions? Good job by the way, feel free to keep contributing more ideas. They won't necessarily be gotten to immediately, but it will be looked at and considered/implemented with time.

RE: Ideas (That sucks) - Darte Fellshard - 01-23-2012

It seems to me that shovel-digging could be easy to abuse. This might be another situation where a table could be used, though, on a per-region basis.

Roll 1d100 or something like that, with each outcome associated with a specific item (or nothing!). That way probabilities for each item can be set within 1% granularity. (Ore Chunk: 20%, 20 Rupees: 2%, etc.) Then have some sort of reset condition so the shovel can only be used after some sort of break, such as after a battle, and only if possible via direct RP reasoning.

If Mole Mitts are implemented, give them a battle bonus similar to the Lucky Shovel, and add an ability that throws dirt into the enemy's face.

RE: Ideas (That sucks) - WindStrike - 01-24-2012

Regarding the shovel, while it can be abusable, here's another suggestion: Make the chances of digging something up in an area really small (or DM's discretion). However, in battle, the chances suddenly skyrocket. What you end up digging up would be DM's discretion again, but you'd have a really good chance of getting something. While you'd think this can be abused, battles can get really hard over time, and if you're trying to dig stuff up while you're team is dying, you'll probably lose the battle AND whatever it is you dug up.

Lucky Shovel would have a low random attack chance of getting double damage in addition to its higher chances of digging stuff up. Only Lucksacks can truly abuse it *shot*. Keep in mind, artifacts aren't meant to be that much more powerful than the standard items. If anything, it's simply that they have unique abilities that aren't found in anything else.

Are Mole Mitts from Ages? I dunno, because there's 5 Zelda games I have not played - Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword. So if you've played those games and have suggestions from them can be implemented to ZURPG (except Skyward Sword, not everyone has had the chance to even play it), by all means suggest away. And also, I don't remember everything from the ones I have played.

RE: Ideas (That sucks) - Darte Fellshard - 01-24-2012

(01-24-2012, 12:14 PM)WindStrike Wrote: Are Mole Mitts from Ages? I dunno, because there's 5 Zelda games I have not played - Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword. So if you've played those games and have suggestions from them can be implemented to ZURPG (except Skyward Sword, not everyone has had the chance to even play it), by all means suggest away. And also, I don't remember everything from the ones I have played.

Mole Mitts are Minish Cap, which I'd recommend; albeit a little easy, it's still Zelda-fun, and there's a lot of things to find that they packed in. Basically, the Mole Mitts are big claws that can be used to either dig down (a la classic shovel) or into horizontal sediment walls (only found in designated locations). In that game, one scoop with both the mitts can do a whole lotta diggin', so using it in battle could make more sense.