Zelda Universe RPG

Ditch the passwords? - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: ZURPG General (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback & Suggestions (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Ditch the passwords? (/thread-616.html)

Ditch the passwords? - WindStrike - 09-30-2014

As you know, in the Private Corners section, we've got a bunch of passworded forums that only one person per forum can access. Well, maybe two, if said person wants me to directly work on enemy designs from within. Anyhow, in more of an effort to make ZURPG move forward in a team effort, the suggestion has been made to ditch the passwords. Keep the forums, but anyone can look into them. Make them closer to say, the PureZC Quest Project Forums (half of you know what I'm talking about since that's where half of you joined from).

I'm putting up a poll for this, but I really want to know what your guys' opinions are of private corners in general, what you personally use them for, and what you think of whether they oughta be passworded or not. So.... fire in the hole!

RE: Ditch the passwords? - WindStrike - 10-01-2014

So I got a solution for anyone that wants to keep the stats on your enemies hidden - send a PM to yourself. Outside of that, from what it seems, passwords are coming down, just not immediately. Going to be informing everyone that has a private corner (that I can get ahold of), and then rename it Project Corners. It will then shift over to the ZURPG Discussion category, since the Private category is supposed to be for DM's, Admins, and Major Contributors only.

Any questions?

RE: Ditch the passwords? - WindStrike - 10-09-2014

Alright, scratch that, I'm not taking down passwords on the corners, because I doubt anyone has anything in there remotely capable of being a proper showcase or preview of something. I know all my stuff is just random smatterings of ideas.... all this would do is make people more confused. I will tearing this whole sucker down eventually though, and here's how this'll work:
  • First, extract everything you want scrapped or saved for later. Whether you want to move it to documents on your computer, create some folders in your PM box (that's something you really can do, by the way), or whatever, just... get what you want outta there and saved.
  • Once you've done that, let me know so I can blow it up.
  • Secondly, if you want a Project Corner, let me know. In a nutshell, it will be meant to showcase WIP projects and ideas that you're working on, and it's visible to everyone.
    • The reason I'm not going to auto-build a Project Corner for everyone that already has a Private Corner is because there's a lot of them, and somehow, I'm pretty sure they're not all being used. So let me know for sure if you want one.
  • I'm not necessarily putting this on a time limit, but just as a general idea, Private Corners are gonna go bye-bye probably by the end of the year.

Before I start to go ahead with this, does anyone have any comments or thoughts?

RE: Ditch the passwords? - Orithan - 10-13-2014

I don't have any objections to this action. While it is nice to have a private corner away from everyone else, they are the very things that have been restricting communication between the various DMs, which has been happening a lot lately.

RE: Ditch the passwords? - Sephiroth - 10-13-2014

(10-13-2014, 06:28 PM)Orithan Wrote: I don't have any objections to this action. While it is nice to have a private corner away from everyone else, they are the very things that have been restricting communication between the various DMs, which has been happening a lot lately.

Which is why when WindStrike initially set up his private corner, I questioned him as to why it was necessary, because I didn't think it was.