Zelda Universe RPG

A little terminology - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: ZURPG General (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback & Suggestions (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: A little terminology (/thread-539.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: A little terminology - WindStrike - 06-18-2014

Okay, that format is awesome. Why? Check this out:

Base Sword
  • REQUIREMENTS:
  • DESCRIPTION:
    • Slice:
      • Roll your Courage dice vs. targets' Courage dice
        • Physical Damage:
        • EFFECT:
    • Stab:
      • Roll your Courage dice vs. targets' Courage dice
        • Physical Damage:
        • EFFECT:
Code
Base Offensive Spell
  • REQUIREMENTS:
  • COST:
  • DESCRIPTION:
    • Roll your Wisdom dice vs. targets' Wisdom dice
      • Magic Damage:
      • EFFECT:
Code
Base Support Spell
  • REQUIREMENTS:
  • COST:
  • DESCRIPTION:
    • EFFECT:
Code

Standardized formats. I'm writing up some of the base spells for 2.0, and using these formats, this is dramatically increasing the speed I'm able to pump 'em out.

Also, I wasn't going to vote on this thread, but with the increased usefulness of this latest format, my vote is posted.

RE: A little terminology - WindStrike - 06-21-2014

Alright, I'm currently really liking the latest format. The current vote is going for 4 for changing it soon, myself included. That said, in a few months, I will be implementing this change, unless someone would like to say otherwise. I'd like more people's votes in, because I know 4 people isn't all we have.

When (if) I do this change, I'm not going to be doing anything for a month other than updating everything in the game. Not running any quests or anything else substantial until it's done.

White Sword
  • Requires at least 6 Maximum Hearts
  • An enchanted blade painted seamlessly in white. It can Slice or Stab a target, or use Air Blade.
    • Slice:
      • Roll your Courage +3 dice vs. targets' Courage dice / Damage increased by 1
    • Stab:
      • Roll your Courage +1 dice vs. targets' Courage dice / Damage increased by 3
      • If the attack is unsuccessful, target automatically gets to counterattack you.
    • Air Blade:
      • Fires a blade of air at a target from afar. You must be at maximum Hearts to use this ability.
        • Roll your Courage +5 dice vs. targets' Courage dice
        • Target can only counterattack you by ranged.
White Sword
  • REQUIREMENTS: 6 Maximum Hearts
  • DESCRIPTION: An enchanted blade painted seamlessly in white. It can Slice or Stab a target, or use Air Blade.
    • Slice:
      • Roll your Courage +3 dice vs. targets' Courage dice
        • Physical Damage: +1
    • Stab:
      • Roll your Courage +1 dice vs. targets' Courage dice
        • Physical Damage: +3
        • IF UNSUCCESSFUL: Target automatically gets to counterattack you.
    • Air Blade:
      • REQUIREMENTS: You must be at Maximum Hearts
      • DESCRIPTION: A long-ranged blade of air, slicing through opponents from afar. Hits one target.
        • Roll your Courage +5 dice vs. targets' Courage dice
          • Magic Damage: +0
          • EFFECT: Target can only counterattack you with a ranged attack.

RE: A little terminology - WindStrike - 07-06-2014

A vote from the majority of the players is in! And you all want to switch to the new format sooner as opposed to waiting, so sooner it shall be!

Everything I write from now on will go ahead and use the new format. That said, there's going to be a consistency break for the next few months while I make the transition to the new format. So if an item is formatted differently from what's in your profile, that's just how it's gonna have to be for a bit, cause it's a conversion of literally every single item/ability in the game.

As noted earlier, this will actually change some items/abilities, especially those that listed "ignores damage reduction" or was ambiguous with whether it was Physical Damage or Magic Damage. Speaking of which, despite it being obvious that a sword should be Physical Damage, I'm going to have it say it anyways just so it looks more consistent. Not to mention there'd be confusion on whether the Magic Sword actually does physical or magic for its standard attack.

I will soon be getting up a set of templates for various skill, spell, and item set-ups. These should be very handy for anyone wanting to create stuff. Alongside this format rewrite, I'm going to begin work on the compendium, aka, list of everything in the game. And while we're at it, the real, actual Enemy Database rewrite. Format update will take priority over those two though.

Thank you all for your votes and input on this. Poll is now closed, and let's keep working together to improve zis game!