Zelda Universe RPG

Termina Quest - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: ZURPG General (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Quests (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-7.html)
+---- Forum: Backlog (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-8.html)
+---- Thread: Termina Quest (/thread-48.html)

Termina Quest - WindStrike - 11-03-2011

Since Sephiroth is changing to a different residence this weekend and taking his bot along with him, I'm deciding not to run a session this weekend (11/5-11/6).

Next weekend (11/12-11/13), I will be running Termina, and rather than do the original split idea, you're free to join both Termina and the Subrosia quest that follows the weekend after (11/19-11/20). Note that I'm likely to run split quests for Termina, one in the afternoon and the other focusing on those that are typically up past midnight (for me). This divide would be "pick one or the other".

Heads up, Thanksgiving weekend (11/22-11/27), I'm not doing anything ZURPG related. I might pop on IRC for chat's sake, but that's it. However, that isn't to say nothing is happening in that time period. If someone wants to run a quest then while I'm out, lemme know by the time I DM Termina stuff. I might also be unavailable the following weekend (12/3-12/4) due to studying for finals, so once again, that weekend is open to someone running their own quest.

Warnings about WindStrike's quests - WindStrike - 11-04-2011

Although I'm still experimenting with DM stuff, I'm going to make a few warnings and notes about all future quests from me:
  • If the whole party dies, you don't respawn and go back in time to a previous point. Instead, you come back to life (somehow) at a later point in time, at which point things will have changed because you lost a battle, and apparently, other adventurer/traveler NPCs didn't clean up for you.
  • There may be enemies that are clearly too strong for you to fight. I'll try to ensure that it's possible to win, just highly unlikely. May I remind you that there is an Escape action:
    • Roll your Courage dice vs. targets' Wisdom dice
    • Must roll against all opponents. If you're successful against all of them, you (specifically) can escape the battle.
  • Roleplaying is a requirement. There will be decisions that must be made, and if you aren't interacting, things will be decided for you whether you like it or not. You don't need to be the greatest RPer (I'm not the greatest DM), just... don't simply be there for battles only. And a reminder, if the party splits up during a quest, I can only handle one side at a time.
  • Technically, just because a potentially catastrophic event is going on, it doesn't mean you have to take care of it. I mean, look at Link. How much side tracking did that guy do before he finally took care of things? Odd
  • Easy mode and free rerolls are now off. You die by random chance, then you die by random chance.
  • There is an option to enable Hard Mode. Plus side is that you all get 100% experience, regardless of the number of members in your party. Downside, you can't see the enemies' stats, and they will focus fire you down.

Regarding the Termina quest, if you try going somewhere and you run into enemies that are well above your level, chances are that the enemies beyond that point will be even stronger, which means you probably shouldn't try to keep going that way if you keep dying over and over.

Session start time will be 3:00pm EST on Saturday, 11/12. Regarding nighttime session, I'll only start one if there's enough players around that WEREN'T in the afternoon session. More than likely, the sessions will carry over into Sunday.

RE: Termina Quest - WindStrike - 11-20-2011

A list of all enemies from the quest. I believe a few of them were not used.

Leever (Level: 6)
Bombchu (Level: 6)
Green ChuChu (Level: 7)
Guay Flock x3 (Level: 8)
Spin Leever (Level: 8)

Dodongo (Level: 12)

Blue Bubble (Level: 7)
Deku Baba (Level: 7)
Goriya (Level: 8)
Armos (Level: 8)
Stalfos (Level: 9)
Blue Octorok (Level: 9)
Red Wizzrobe (Level: 10)
Lynel (Level: 10)
Darknut (Level: 10)
Stormrobe (Level: 11)
GIL (Mid-Boss)
Summoner (Boss)

QUEST OVERVIEW:
  • Lots of items and rupees were found, including a Magic Lamp, Longshot, Magic Boomerang, and the Poe Whistle.
  • The shadowy guy turned out to be a happy-go-lucky Subrosian Poe, who can be called upon with the Poe Whistle to bring in his shop.
  • GIL appeared and was defeated. HE WILL RETURN.
  • The summoner was defeated as well.
  • A Stormrobe not only struck itself with lightning and got a rolloff between itself and itself, but it somehow counterattacked itself, thus killing itself due to confusion by mechanics.
  • A warp has been opened up between Termina and Hyrule! Soon, the realms will cross, and many awesome things will result from it!