Zelda Universe RPG

1-27-14: Sheikah Trials - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: ZURPG General (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Quests (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-7.html)
+---- Forum: Backlog (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-8.html)
+---- Thread: 1-27-14: Sheikah Trials (/thread-465.html)

1-27-14: Sheikah Trials - WindStrike - 01-27-2014

Synopsis, Part 1
Kirran was summoned to the Temple of Time by Rauru for an unknown reason. On the way, he ran into two particular rascals, Darte Fellshard and Dex Eyegouger. They tagged along with Kirran. They all ended up getting pulled into a realm of darkness, its actual whereabouts unknown. Impa appears before them to set them on the Sheikah Trial, which is an initiation rite to become full fledged members of the Sheikah Tribe. Somehow, Red Enrics drunked his way into the realm.

Before the first test began, everyone was inhibited. The first part of the trial was to defeat the Essence of Darkness. It was a difficult foe. They tried various things, but they found conventional methods of attack to be useless. After trial, error, and shenanigans (see Dex breaks the game below in the Moments), they manage to defeat the Essence of Darkness. He appears before the group as an illusion of his true Sheikah form, but before he's able to properly leave, the illusion is impaled by a dark red spear, which forces the illusion to fade away. A voice asks them if they would like to try out their test.

Additionally, Dex Eyegouger and Kirran both overcame their disabilities and received their respective Signature Moves.
Synopsis, Part 2
The second trial begins against the Essence of Light, though it continues to be interrupted by the Essence of the Unseen, an invisible entity that claims that she wants to help the party out. Kirran, Darte Fellshard, Dex Eyegouger, and Red Enrics all question who their real enemy is. Nonetheless, they fight against the powerful being of Light and philosophize with it in an attempt to find out the truth behind the trials.

Eventually, the combination of Darte and Dex figure out how to make the Light stop radiating, as they both cover and hug the Light. With the Light no longer having an infinite supply of power, Dex eventually lands a finishing blow on it, defeating the Light. They’re all warped to a different realm temporarily, allowing the Light to materialize before them once again and telling them of the issue with the Sheikah.

The Sheikah are split into two groups – the current ones, that will protect and die for the Royal Family. And the old ones, revived from the Old Shadow Temple. They seek to protect to the Royal Family until it is too weak to protect. Additionally, the Light reveals that the realm they’ve been taking the trials in is a realm that any Sheikah can access. However, they should be able to trace any Sheikah that uses an illusion to enter the realm, but they were unable to trace the Unseen. The Light tells them of the possibility that the Unseen may be Bloodwind, who’s been known for being adept at using illusions.
Synopsis, Part 3
In the third and final trial of the Sheikah Trials, Kirran, Darte Fellshard, Dex Eyegouger, and Red Enrics find themselves facing the Essence of Shadow. It is a two-dimensional being that exists in the shadows of others. It copies the moves of others and creates magical lights around the room.

After two rounds of appearing to do nothing against this being, the Essence of Betrayal appears as a floating set of firey claws. It hovers from above, threatening to control others. The party manages to defeat the intruder, but not after losing two members themselves. In the last two rounds, it falls down to Kirran and Darte. It seemed the Essence of Shadow had taken damage and was bleeding, but they were unable to figure out why. In the end, they failed to defeat the being in time, and they lost the trial.

Thankfully, they'd already passed the first two trials. They were awaiting Impa to arrive when, instead, someone else arrives. He calls himself the Essence of Command, and he recognizes the Rokan's Lance that Kirran carries. The essence laughs and remarks that he'll kill its new user, too. He finally reveals himself to be Garunoff, Essence of Command.

Moments (24)
Racists
Always just kill it
How did Red Enrics get in?
What everyone lost
Dex breaks the game
Dex breaks the game again
Screw you Dex Part 1
Dex is a Zealot
Dex is ARMED with puns
When taunting works
More puns
Dangit Red
Dex sings
Darte has left and entered the room
Red defies all logic
NSFW Darte
Screw you Dex Part 2
Screw you Dex Part 3
Red Enrics will explode
Floppity Flip Flop
He's back
Red's Eyegouger
Too much thinking
Cliffhanger

Deaths (4)
  1. *Dex, your shanking Eyegouger pierces through the Light. You can see the true Light, clearly now... you just hugged and stabbed a ball of Light. You are enlightened beyond all that is holy, and KEESE AND CO. is now afraid of you.*
    • <Dex> SOLVING PROBLEMS ONE STAB AT A TIME!
    • <DM> *Dex, you manage to revive to full Hearts and Magic after technically killing yourself with that attack due to shared pain.*
    • <DM> *The Light implodes on itself, and the room returns to Darkness. Oddly enough, you can see each other perfectly fine.*
  2. <DM> *The rest of you look for Darte, but he's no longer there with you all.*
    • <DM> *Darte has died. Congrats on your 10!*
  3. <DM> *Dex, you rip out the Betrayal's eyes, including the stuck coin. You also burn yourself to death.*
  4. <DM> *Red_Enrics, as you eliminate the Essence of Betrayal with a sweep of your scythe, its fires wrap around you. Michael Bay orchestrates the particles of the flames, and you explode spectacularly, briefly fully illuminating the room for a moment.*

Quotes (20)
  1. <Red_Enrics> RED'S THE TRIGGER!
  2. <Dex> BLEED ME ROCKY
  3. <Darte> "Oi! You think ye can just be a big ol' ball of flaming Light? I've seen brighter Lights than you in a Poe's lantern!"
  4. <Light> Grr, you shall pay for that! I shall burn so brightly that you turn to Darkness before me!
  5. <Light> I am the epitome of blindness! I am not blind; all are blind to me!
  6. <Light> I exist to test you. If you are to lie to me, then my purpose is to destroy you.
  7. <Red_Enrics> Your Lightness. I'm the only sinner here.
  8. <Light> Please, enlightenen me.
  9. <Kirran> I don't need the Eye of Truth to see you cringing behind your brightness.
  10. <Kirran> The Light isn't my enemy any more the Darkness is. Both have their stengths and weaknesses. It's in the balance of the two that shadow is created, and that's where we Sheikah hold sway.
  11. <Kirran> Layers of intrigue, naked fishmen, diabolical bosses? Just another night of classic Zelda RPGing.
  12. <Light> 41h, 50m | Charge Beta | High Spirits | Bleeding x2 | Internal Bleeding x3 | Diseased | Nerve Toxin | Hugged by Dex
  13. <Raine> Play and...eat some souls...tasty tasty souls.
  14. <DM> *Red_Enrics, from now on, when you die, you will explode.*
  15. <DM> *Darte, you punch the ground with your arm, only to find the ground has been installed with Newton's 3rd Law of Physics.*
  16. <DM> *Your foot hits the ground. You feel a slight shock run through your leg as physics kicks in..... god dangit, I didn't intend that.*
  17. <Kirran> Go poking around in there, you might call up images of naked fishmen. Just saying...
  18. * Kirran tries his best to summon Vincent, master of explosions. *Vincent unappears before himself. It appears to have not worked.*
  19. <Kirran> Because my tribe are kind of bastards like that and don't particularly like to give clues about this kind of thing.
  20. <Command> I am Garunoff, Essence of Command. You shall all serve me... or die!

RE: 1-27-14: Sheikah Trial - WindStrike - 01-28-2014

Foes:

Essence of Darkness
Essence of Light
Essence of the Unseen
Essence of Shadow
Essence of Betrayal
Essence of Command (Boss)

Items:

Ten Sided Coin
Bottle of Darkness

RE: 1-27-14: Sheikah Trials - Lightwulf - 01-29-2014