Zelda Universe RPG

New kid on the block - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: Community (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-17.html)
+--- Forum: Member Specific (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: New kid on the block (/thread-358.html)

New kid on the block - Lightwulf - 11-30-2013

Hello!

Orithan helped me find this place. Seems like fun! WindStrike gave me a brief tutorial earlier today (brief because I had to go, unfortunately), so I got a chance to squash some gels. Pretty cool!

I haven't seen element affinity in a Zelda game before, so I think it's pretty neat! I chose water because water is my favorite element (probably because my favorite color is blue).

I was just wondering what "Arcane" is? The linguist in me recognizes what seems to be a root word being "archaic", meaning old. The Zelda fan in me recognizes the elements corresponding to the elements of the different temples in OoT, so I'm guessing it's along the lines of the Colossus temple; I'm not sure if the element there was sand or just differences in time. I'm just not for certain what it means here in ZURPG.

Anyway, I hope to be able to play again soon! I'm not sure if my schedule (which is quite variable/random at times, regarding doing things I want to do) will allow it much, but I'm hoping!

~Lightwulf
a.k.a. Joseph Lightwall

RE: New kid on the block - Orithan - 11-30-2013

Hi Lightwulf. Glad to see that you've joined us in the legend we are making.

Btw. Arcane is primarily the manipulation of raw Magic. Not magic dealing with sand and age. That would be covered in Nature (You could get away with labeling time-based spells as Arcane though).

RE: New kid on the block - WindStrike - 11-30-2013

Welcome to the fray, man. Hope you have fun with the game.

I added Arcane affinity to the game to cover having a neutral affinity, and I believe it's actually a WoW reference, could be wrong, gotta check with Sephiroth on that.

RE: New kid on the block - Lightwulf - 12-01-2013

Ahh... Kind of like for Pokemon elements (card game mainly) where you have Neutral energy instead of Fire, Water, Fighting, etc.

I think it's great! I bought a new sword, and I'm looking forward to when I can purchase and use a spell. Gotta' get more MP somehow (not to mention more rupees).

RE: New kid on the block - Sephiroth - 12-01-2013

I would like to extend a very warm welcome to the insanity of the Zelda Universe RPG game system and site. I am looking forward to roleplaying with quite a lot of different individuals, so it's nice to see more new faces. Smile

(11-30-2013, 10:11 PM)WindStrike Wrote: Welcome to the fray, man. Hope you have fun with the game.

I added Arcane affinity to the game to cover having a neutral affinity, and I believe it's actually a WoW reference, could be wrong, gotta check with Sephiroth on that.

Yeah, Arcane is indeed a reference to World of Warcraft, mainly the Mage class that lies within. Most of the abilities in that lineup usually falls along the lines of pure Magic damage, which in the case of a neutral affinity, worked quite well with it.

We have three cycles of affinities in the game, from which I will quoth the rules and knowledge of the game:

Affinities

Its a pretty basic system, and puts in an elemental system into what would be a very, very basic combat system.