Zelda Universe RPG

Containers and Crafting - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: ZURPG General (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback & Suggestions (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Containers and Crafting (/thread-332.html)

Containers and Crafting - WindStrike - 10-31-2013

A number of changes were talked about in chat between Sephiroth, Darte and I, and here's what we've decided on, but these aren't finalized until we've got some more general input.

Lifting and changing some restrictions
Heart and Magic Containers
Crafting System

Thoughts?

RE: Containers and Crafting - WindStrike - 10-31-2013

An edit to that, Heart and Magic Containers will still exist (as permanent stat increases), but not as random item drops. Instead, they'll remain specifically as quest rewards, meaning the amount you get overall will be decreased quite a bit.

However, the ones that recover Hearts and Magic as consumables will be changed to Restoration Hearts and Magic Jars. It's just a name change, so that we can distinguish between the different kinds.

That said, regarding everyone's Current Heart and Magic Containers, how should they be handled (if this system goes through)? Keep 'em as is or convert some or all current ones to Restoration Hearts and Magic Jars?

RE: Containers and Crafting - Orithan - 11-01-2013

I say we go the "Convert some" route if this goes through. What we convert (and not convert) should be based on each characters' participation in the game. Obviously, we won't convert the containers that each character has brought from shops (Hearts from Subrosia Mart and Magic from Lynchman Trap Shop) and what was given through quest rewards/ treasures. Based on the rate at which we gain containers, I would say it is reasonable we keep a Heart and Magic for every second boss (not Mini-Boss) battle we partcipated in. All the rest would be converted to the consumable variety. Keeps it more in line with Zelda that way.

RE: Containers and Crafting - Sephiroth - 11-02-2013

(11-01-2013, 02:19 AM)Orithan Wrote: I would say it is reasonable we keep a Heart and Magic for every second boss (not Mini-Boss) battle we partcipated in.

Is there even a reasonable way to see just how many of these battles a person particpated in since the beginning of ZURPG?

RE: Containers and Crafting - WindStrike - 11-02-2013

Unless we kept an accurate log at the end of each quest thread with the lists of every battle (people in each battle, not just on a session by session or even quest by quest), then no, we can't.

I'm fine with everyone keeping their existing Heart and Magic Containers, I'm just asking cause I want overall input. An option I'm considering is allowing people to convert as many of their Heart and Magic Containers to Restoration Hearts and Magic Jars as they want, as a one-time opportunity. However, if I were to open that option now, I have the feeling hardly anyone would take it, so instead, when (and if) I open that conversion window, it'll have to after I've released a roughdraft of the crafting system, so that people can see the potential of turning them into both restoration items and materials.