Zelda Universe RPG

Need some quests - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: ZURPG General (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Quests (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-7.html)
+---- Forum: Backlog (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-8.html)
+---- Thread: Need some quests (/thread-227.html)

Need some quests - WindStrike - 08-03-2013

I have the next main quest in the planning stages, and so far, I can tell you guys this about it:
  • It's completely freeform within the area of the quest, which is pretty darn big. There'll be a main event going on, and you can have as much or as little to do with as you want.
  • Everyone will be in the quest simultaneously, despite the level disparity.
  • And related to that, party splitting will be fully supported.
  • The name of the quest is Hidden Duality, and no, it has no relation to a popular ZC quest by DFW, despite it sharing the same name.
To note something else though... I need a two-three months to get all the work done for it. I'll do some quests between now and then, but for the most part, if I'm going to get that next quest started by even as late as November, I can't be working on a new quest every single week.

That said, I need people to DM some quests. It is a lot of work, and it can be overwhelming when you're DMing w/ a 5+ player party, but it can be pretty gratifying, and I find it a lot of fun personally giving players some stuff and seeing how they react to it. It doesn't have to be elaborate or something big - just something that's 1-2 session length. Who knows, maybe you'll like it.

Anyhow, if you're interested, make a post here so that I know who's up for the challenge. I'll try to have all of the guides for DMing/making a quest out within a week, as well as the rest of the guides for making an item/ability.

Additionally, after the Termina quest fully finishes (after next weekend), I'll be hauling in some new players, so if any of you DMing are interested in just running a simple quest (in terms of enemy design and whatnot), that should float your boat a little better.

RE: Need some quests - Goriya - 08-03-2013

Eh, sure, why not? It'll certainly keep me busy, that is for sure. :3

RE: Need some quests - Orithan - 08-03-2013

Yeah, I'm up. I have a small grotto quest in the works so it can be the best opportunity to throw that quest in.

RE: Need some quests - Forgotten Third Eye - 08-03-2013

I still have to make that basic Kirby enemy and some other pieces and I would be able to run a quest from there (might not actually happen).

I will also probably do another quest or two if I have a chance.

RE: Need some quests - WindStrike - 08-05-2013

Sweet. Orithan, you already have your own corner... Fireblast and Goriya, do you need your own corners (aka private forums so you can keep things organized and whatnot)? If so, PM me with what you want the password to it to be.

I'll try to have all the quest set-up guides in the Guides section by tomorrow night, and maybe on the item/ability guides by then.

RE: Need some quests - Gouanaco - 09-11-2013

Yeah i would love to do some DMing Grin

I have a few quests partly set up and i have some experience in DMing Grin

RE: Need some quests - Darte Fellshard - 09-16-2013

I could pitch in two sessions' worth.

RE: Need some quests - WindStrike - 09-16-2013

Those of you interested in DMing, I thank you. That being said, the next things I'll need to know from you are what time you'll be running your quest (which weekend) and which group of players your quest is for.

Times
The following times are listed as weekends. Individual times come when it gets close to the appointed weekend.
  • October 4th through 6th
  • October 11th through 13th
  • October 18th through 20th
  • October 25th through 27th
  • November 1st through 3rd
Groups
These are the current groups, also noting their current level range. Note that the level ranges are going to be changing each week due to leveling, but it'll give a good basis for your quest. Groups are listed from highest level to lowest level.
  • Sephiroth, Fireblast, and Hal
    • Level Range: 23-28
  • Darte, Ramsey, Shane, Gurloz
    • Level Range: 17-20
    • Claimed by FireSeraphim, times yet to be determined, but theoretically for three weeks
  • Dex Eyegouger, Vincent Valentine, Kirran, Red Enrics
    • Level Range: 11-13
    • Claimed by Darte for 4th through 6th and 11th through 13th.
  • All other characters are currently level 5 and lower. Until there's some distinguishable difference between levels, they won't be defined into any particular normal party.
    • That said, writing a quest for this area would be the equivalent of a "low level quest". Not necessarily the level of newbie quest, but nothing so difficult they're going to die guaranteed. Here's the players listed.
    • Adlez Brightstar, Christopher Belmont, Emilica, Gouanaco, Green Enrics, Harvey, Herder, Rekora, Roumani, and Vincent Blaze

RE: Need some quests - Orithan - 09-16-2013

Out of these times; Oct 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th and Nov 3rd are all out of the question for me as these are Mondays which I have school on (and Oct 6th happens to be the Monday right after my school holidays finish for me).

Currently, I have three options for which quests to run:
  1. Finish off Identity Thieves (low-levelled party) on the Saturday (Friday EST) and run my single-session Hermit quest on the Sunday (Saturday EST)
  2. Compress and run my next big quest during one of the weekends.
  3. Run my next big quest as is over two weekends (Which will be inconvenient to the other DMs).

RE: Need some quests - WindStrike - 09-16-2013

Something that we haven't done yet that we still can do is get a second channel, namely #zurpg2. Generally, this is an inevitable move as the game expands, but this will allow two DMs to run two different quests for two different parties at the same time. While I personally would rather all the guest-DM'd quests are spread out through October (so that my storyless-improv dungeons don't consume entire weekends), if needs be due to constraints or just how things end up working, we'll get the channel set up.

I don't recommend compressing the size of a quest, because then not only will it seem rushed, but it'll probably expand back out into multiple sessions in an unnatural way. Just guess how many sessions you need and try to schedule it accordingly. If it goes the whole month (one session a week), that's fine too.