Zelda Universe RPG

Robes - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: ZURPG General (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback & Suggestions (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Robes (/thread-196.html)

Robes - WindStrike - 06-18-2013

Alright, due to a confusion between what a cloak is, I'm renaming all of the cloaks to robes.

However, something I've been applying to ZURPG for a while now is something done in Diablo/Torchlight, namely with armors, you can only wear one armor at a time. Personally, I'm inclined for keeping this... though logically, you should be able to wear a robe and an armor at the same time, which leaves us with a few choices.
  1. Robes count as armor, can only wear 1 armor at a time
    • This is essentially how it currently is, without changing anything asides from renaming cloaks to robes.
  2. Robes count as armor, can wear a robe and an armor at the same time
    • Logic dictates you can
    • Now logic dictates the number of other things you would probably be able to do in ZURPG
      • There is a limit to how far I'll let logic dictate the game, because at its core, ZURPG should be fun but not overly confusing, plus the game (as it currently is) is designed around Diablo/Torchlight style in terms of equipment limitations. Adding too much logic to the game would break the mechanics and cause the balance to go haywire.
  3. Robes count as miscellaneous, can wear one robe at a time
    • Can stack with armor still
    • Less confusing than the previous option
    • However, not prone to anti-armor effects because it's now labeled as miscellaneous

Note that for the latter two, I'll be nerfing robes by adding a constant Magic cost to them, as just about all robes are magically enchanted.

RE: Robes - Sephiroth - 06-18-2013

Would've voted for a fourth since its not there.

4. Robes count as Robes.
  • Can stack with armor still
  • less confusing than option #2
  • Can be prone to anti-armor effects
  • Not all that difficilt for me to add in another colored box set.

but alas, that option doesn't exist, so #3.

RE: Robes - WindStrike - 06-19-2013

Something I should point out is that tunics are considered armor too. I'd prefer that stays the same because the various effects of tunics... if you could stack "tunics" and "armors" (if they were to be considered different), that'd break the game pretty badly.

RE: Robes - DoubleEx - 06-19-2013

I would say robes are armors and cloaks are misc. You could wear a cloak over armor or a cloak over robes but not robes over armors.

RE: Robes - Darklink42 - 06-19-2013

The option that makes the most sense to me is #3. Cloaks and robes can go over armor, but generally wouldn't be considered a full set of armor themselves. So I can see them conferring bonuses, a la Diablo, but not as large as a full set of armor of choice, given that they are pieces of cloth, not chainmail, Zora Scales, Dodongo skin, etc.

RE: Robes - WindStrike - 06-20-2013

Out of the current players, 9 out of 10 of you have voted, and at this point, that last person can't change the votes.

Robes now count as Miscellaneous and will have a Magic cost per turn. I'll be making the change today along with making an alteration to the Hylian Shop, should be a change for the better for everyone, though a bit of a loss to those with Light affinity.