Zelda Universe RPG

06-14-13: Mima's Nightmare - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: ZURPG General (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Quests (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-7.html)
+---- Forum: Backlog (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-8.html)
+---- Thread: 06-14-13: Mima's Nightmare (/thread-151.html)

06-14-13: Mima's Nightmare - Orithan - 06-01-2013

Starting Friday 14th June 2013 between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM CST (Saturday 15th June between 10:00 AM and Noon AEST), I will be starting (and hosting, as Guest DM) a small quest rather unrelated to the main story (2 sessions max, duration of each is undetermined as of yet) for our high-leveled players. I will wait for at least three players to join before starting the quest or I will pass the session over to my next available session time.

Story: A tragedy has befallen Kakariko Village - a young lady from Koholint by the name of Mima, who has begun setting up a music shop there, has fallen into a mysterious coma. This coma has been induced by a evil spirit called a Nightmare, an agent of the evil spirit known only as Dethl, which has invaded her dream at some point. If Mima is left in the state she is in, she will eventually die and this Nightmare will spread to other unfortunate victims. Hal seems to know her somehow and is capable of opening a way into her dream for a brave party of heroes to march come in and slay the Nightmare to save Mima.

Your objective: Defeat the Nightmare and leave the dream alive.

DM's Tip: If you have the Rupees, buy and equip the Holding On skill (brought from the Hylian Shop with 300 Rupees) for this quest - It will come in handy. To recoup for the loss of Magic when you activate that skill, bring along a couple of Green and/or Blue potions (brought with 75 and 200 Rupees respectively from the Hylian Shop).

Reward (subject to change based on Windstrike's decisions): 3 Reroll Points and one of Mima's magic instruments per player (ie. Ocariana, drums, etc...).

I will let players know if there will be a scheduling clash with my quest start time at least a day in advance.

Results:

A brave team of adventurers entered Mima's dream with the help of Hal singing the Ballad of the Windfish and entered the dungeon which the Nightmare lurked in. They encountered all sorts of oddities in there, ranging from Mario jumping out of pipes to Shy Guys casting magic at our heroes. They eventually defeated the monstrous Chenmope with a combination of traps and powerful magic spells.
However; the Nighmare managed to defeat Ramsey (sorta, he got back up midway), Fireblast and Shane before it went down to being fried in the inside.

RE: 14-06-13 : Mima's Nightmare - WindStrike - 06-01-2013

I've posted your quest on the ZURPG calendar, which I hope we'll start using. Though it does have a few issues that need to be worked out still.

Also, for the sake of consistency in the listing of the quest threads, could you change the date of this thread to month-day-year rather than day-month-year?

RE: 06-14-13 : Mima's Nightmare - Orithan - 06-14-2013

Stalfos (Level: 15)
Rope (Level: 16)
Cave Keese (Level: 15)

Shy Guy (Level 17):
Piranha Plant (Level 17):

Chemnope (Boss):

Traps:

Boulder Trap
  • A heavy boulder drops onto you.
    • Roll your Power dice vs $23d10 / Damage is increased by 5.
    • Amount: 1 use.
Spike trap
  • Spikes shoot up at you.
    • Roll your Courage dice vs $20d10.
    • Amount: ∞ uses.
Incendiary Trap
  • A surge of flames erupts beneath your feet.
    • Roll your Wisdom dice vs $27d10 / Deals Fire (Level: 5) effect damage.
    • Amount: 1 use.
Severe Vile Trap
  • A ball of strong vile gunk is hurled at you.
    • Roll your Courage dice vs $18d10 / Damage is halved.
    • If unsuccessful at dodging, you will be afflicted with the Power Down + status affliction:
      • You lose 10 Power Dice.
      • This affliction stacks with each hit by the gunk.
    • This affliction remains for the remainder of the battle.
    • Amount: ∞ uses.

RE: 06-14-13 : Mima's Nightmare - Orithan - 06-15-2013

Take only one of these items:

[box=Ocarina (Artifact)][list][*]A mystical blue flute-like instrument that can play magical songs.
[*]It can have songs placed into it.[/list][/box]

[box=Harp (Artifact)][list][*]A mystical harp that can play magical songs.

[box=Flute (Artifact)][list][*]A mystical flute that can play magical songs.

[box=Drums (Artifact)][list][*]A mystical set of drums that can play magical songs.

[box=Violin (Artifact)][list][*]A mystical violin that can play magical songs.

Ballad of the Windfish. Attach this to the bottom of your instrument box
[*][b]Ballad of the Windfish:[/b]
[list][*]Enables you to travel into people's dreams.
[*]Can only be used for RP purposes.[/list]

Eligible players to claim an instrument:
  • Fireblast124 (Taken Flute)
  • Mizer/Ramsey (Taken Ocarina)
  • Sephiroth (Taken Drums)
  • Darte Fellshard (Taken Harp)
  • Shane (Taken Violin)

EDIT: STARTIN' UP GARAGE BAND!

RE: 06-14-13 : Mima's Nightmare - WindStrike - 06-16-2013

Great job by Orin XD on his first time DMing! I think it's safe to say we all enjoyed it, and wow at that boss, I think that trumps all of my attempts at making a good boss. Time for me to step things up!

Also, as a result of "Ballad of the Windfish"... I get the feeling people with that song are gonna cause inception in the future.