Zelda Universe RPG

Upcoming Site Changes - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: News & Information (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Upcoming Site Changes (/thread-150.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Upcoming Site Changes - Sephiroth - 06-05-2013

I have went ahead and applied the new style to the board index. It will only show up on the board index and in threads until other pages are completed. I will be rolling it out as I finish each individual .php file, like index.php was first, showthread.php was second, and next will be forumdisplay.php.

One thing you might notice right off-the-bat is the fact the theme is a bit more 'fluid' in width than the one we've been using. I've designed it to be able to stretch between 945 pixels wide to 1,225 pixels in width. This is intentional, in order to make the content more dynamic to browser width.

Another thing you might notice, is I'm cutting out a LOT of fluff from the board software, only emphasizing the functions and features that we utilize.

RE: Upcoming Site Changes - WindStrike - 06-05-2013

I'm liking the new theme a lot. Lookin' real classy, overall, it looks a lot cleaner. Icons especially are a really nice touch.

There are some color things on the boxes/spoilers that are a little disorienting though.
  • On Enemies, the box colors for 'eSpells' and 'eItems' are simultaneously too dark and too saturated, could brighten up a little and tone down on the saturation a little.
    • The same is true for 'Spells type=Offensive', 'Items type=Weapons', and 'Rings' in Character profiles.
  • For 'eSkills' and 'Skills type=Active', brightness could drop down some, the brown is standing out a little too much compared to what's around it.
  • Inside of colored boxes, is there supposed to be a faint background color? I remember in one of the previews you showed me, there was, and I personally liked it over the straight black. Black for 'code' boxes should stay either way though.
  • Also, the text is a little brighter than before, and it's causing issues like Wisdom and Shadow being harder to see because it's surrounded by brighter text. Any chance that it can drop down a little bit?

EDIT: I just noticed something awesome. When I hit "save changes" on editing, the icon that shows up is the logo. THAT is frigin' sweet.

RE: Upcoming Site Changes - Sephiroth - 06-07-2013

Rolled out Thread listings... Been a very busy week so far, still want to get even more done, ... next up will likely be the posting interfaces; new thread, new reply, (full) edit post. ...

RE: Upcoming Site Changes - Sephiroth - 06-14-2013

Rolled out the New Thread, and New Reply templates. Getting closer to the main functions of this forum being complete, ... as far as the forums go, that is.

Edit: Now full edit templates have been rolled out as well. If you notice, there's a massive overhaul to the interface, as well as a simplified interface to boot!

RE: Upcoming Site Changes - Sephiroth - 06-22-2013

Been a busy beaver around here, since my last update, I've rolled out templates for some misc. sections that don't really have a proper name, as well as implementing the calendar upgrades and new calendar design on this site. I've only got a few more sections to finish, and I will list them below.
  • Search
    • Search page
    • Search Results
  • Member List
    • Probably the simplest section of what's left now
  • Moderator Control Panel
    • The fact that the moderator control panel uses the forum design makes me wonder, ... but it's large and complicated.
  • User Control Panel
    • Private Messenger
    • User Profile Editing
    • Options Page
    • And various other functions. Largest section remaining.

Once this is done, I would change some settings on the site to cause this design to be the only setting server-side, and re-implement my quick reply changes (removing quick reply from some sections) to some of the database forums, (Primarily Shops, Character Profiles, and the Enemy Database).

Then I would like users to poke around, and see if there's anything I really missed as far as styling goes.

RE: Upcoming Site Changes - Sephiroth - 09-01-2013

I am doing a bit more work on the site, if you notice; the top 'tabs' are gone, so there might be a minor style issue where that content box sits right up on the header. A hard refresh to grab the latest CSS files is all that is needed to fix it. After much deliberation, we've decided to do away with search, as well as the member listing; so the calendar link was relocated to where it should be that makes sense. The forum index where the event listing is located. Its been updated to be more inline with the rest of the forum index boxes now. I am currently working on the final public section, which is the UCP, and plans are to roll it out in this coming week.

Various functions of it is getting an overhaul to come inline with my simplistic approach I've taken for everything else site and forum-wise.

If you guys have any comments and/or suggestions for the design, please; feel free to speak up.