Zelda Universe RPG

Non-ZURPG Moments - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: Community (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-17.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Non-ZURPG Moments (/thread-1145.html)

Non-ZURPG Moments - WindStrike - 05-29-2017

Started DMing a different game, one that's in-person, so it's a new experience for me, though I appear to be doing alright so far. It's a post-apocalyptic setting where humans are practically nonexistent and everyone is playing as an animal. It's a homebrew system that lets me easily improv various shenanigans, and the gameplay style itself is very casual. I might run it online later for fun, but I'll hold on that.

Anywho, this is a glorious chain of events that happened. Note we're using a d20 system, where 1 = epic fail and 20 = epic win. It is admittedly a little more detailed than in-session, but I kid you not, this really happened.

The Matrix ReReloaded
Characters:
  • Tennessee the Possum
  • Zax the Grolar Bear
  • Enemy Coyote with a Sniper Rifle

*Tennessee arrives on the third deck of the parking deck. Just as he arrives, a loud BANG happens right as a bullet whizzes past his fur, grazing his face. On the other side is a Coyote with a sniper rifle.
*Tennessee immediately ducks for cover behind one of the rows of cars. He then tosses a rock to the side, which gets the attention of the Coyote.
*The Coyote moves his aim towards where the rock is, allowing Tennessee to get closer, but still in-cover behind the cars.
*Zax wanders up the ramp to the third deck. He sees the Coyote (who's still aiming to the side and thus, doesn't notice Zax), and then sends his Bees to go distract the Coyote.

It's time for magic.

*With the bees distracting the Coyote, and Tennessee in close range, the possum moves out into the open, pumps his shotgun, and fires at the Coyote.
  • Dice roll: 1
*Every single bullet from the shotgun blast ends up just narrowly missing the Coyote, and instead hitting and killing the bees.
*With his bees killed, Zax becomes enraged. He has a 50% chance of attacking his ally with his next attack. Roll the dice, no modifiers, must be 11+ to attack the Coyote.
  • Dice roll: 9
*Zax roars with anger, and charges at Tennessee! Roll speed!
  • Dice roll: 19 - 1 = 18
*Tennessee, you can dodge out of the way. Roll speed!
  • Dice roll: 11 + 1 = 12
  • Using a point of Luck to proc Advantage, aka reroll and take the higher roll
  • Dice roll: 20!
*Tennessee matrix flips into the air, just narrowly dodging the vicious charging bear. At that same time, the enemy sniper fired a shot, originally aiming for the possum, but with the bear in the way...
  • Dice roll: 4 - 2 = 2
*The Coyote's shot somehow misses horribly. While in mid-air, Tennessee aims his shotgun at the Coyote. Roll perception!
  • Dice roll: 20 again!
*Tennessee grabs the missed sniper bullet out of the air, loads it into his shotgun, and then (while still matrix flipping in mid-air), he fires it back with a devastating blast at the poor Coyote, completely annihilating both him and the area around him, with the remains of his corpse plunging to the ground below along with the rubble.
*Completely mesmerized by the epicness of that, Zax is no longer enraged, and then proceeds to chase after the last enemy.

And that's the story of what happens when you roll a 20 followed directly by another 20.
20 in a 20.

It's magic.