Zelda Universe RPG

12-14-16: Bob Goes On An Advencha! - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: ZURPG General (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Quests (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-7.html)
+---- Forum: Backlog (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-8.html)
+---- Thread: 12-14-16: Bob Goes On An Advencha! (/thread-1127.html)

12-14-16: Bob Goes On An Advencha! - WindStrike - 12-08-2016

"All dis schemin' an' plotterin' and plannin' be makin' Bob's 'ead spin! It's toim ta do somefin' about all dese villens and make it possibru ta remembah who's who! Dun worry guys, it'll be jus like trimmin' a book down written by an auther dat forgot wot he was writin' repeatedly an' keeps writin' up more plot points, so we's just 'elpin' 'im along!" -- Bob, Da One an' Only Wun

So, in a week or so, I'mma get back into DMing. But wait, but how, aren't I busy at the usual questing times? I still am, and although there are random days where said time frees up, ultimately I can't schedule things more than an hour in advance like that, which is never gonna work with just about everyone else. Instead, although I know some of you can't make it unfortunately, I'm gonna be doing late-night DMing for this quest. It's gonna be fairly informal, not to the extent of DoubleEx's Luchadore derailing a quest by his sheer existence, but instead of following the game's rules exactly, I'mma be a little carefree about 'em. Your character doesn't have to be up-to-date w/ the latest changelogs, you can switch characters from session to session, and for god's sake, frigin' Bob is your NPC Ally for the quest, what's better than that?

Also, in the off-chance I get a free evening somewhere along the line, I might derail the quest myself and see who's available to join on shenanigans. Cause this quest... well, let's just say everyone's forgotten most of the story elements, and Da Mastah DM needs to find a way to "thin the herd" so he can focus on just a few. Not all at once of course.
Various things we tweaked and should feel less rigid as a result:
  • No turn order! There's a roll a the start of the battle to see if anyone's got bonus turns, but that's it. If you're faster at making actions than others, your actions will happen first. For anyone that's slow or likes doing crazy things, I'd recommend having notepad up on the side and typing your action there so you can still defend fine.
  • Using actions as reactions! If you're getting attacked and you're not confident about your defense in that stat, and you haven't done your actions for the round yet, perhaps you could try a wand blast, jump to higher ground, cast a defensive spell, or whatever boats your float!
  • Enemies don't have full profiles written up. While you can see their stats and the names of their abilities, you won't actually know what they do until you fight them for a little while. On the DM's side, they're much simpler in design, yet still powerful.

RE: Bob Goes On An Advencha! - Forgotten Third Eye - 12-09-2016

Does this mean that I could play as all my characters in the same adventure, with each wondering what the previous character even accomplished during said adventure.
Also, sign me up, I still don't know a decent time for these as of now, but I mostly have nights off.

RE: Bob Goes On An Advencha! - WindStrike - 12-09-2016

Well you can't go all of your characters at once, but yeah, switching out each session over the course of 4-5 sessions, you could. I'm expecting time to be starting between 10pm and 11pm CST. As for what day, I'm gonna guess Thursdays cause that's the one day each week I've already guaranteed I don't help on construction... because I previously go out for game night elsewhere hence not being at the house, lol.

RE: Bob Goes On An Advencha! - WindStrike - 12-11-2016

Whelp, session this week is on Wednesday, Dec. 14th @ 11pm CST! Note that depending on timing, I might be able to start up to 30 minutes earlier, but I'm not putting a guarantee on it. Also, a few quest-specific notes:
  • As mechanics are going to be fairly loose, so are enemies. They won't have full profiles. At best, you see their stats and the names of their abilities, but you don't actually see what they do until they actually use the move in-quest.
  • We're not going to use Turn Order. Instead, at the start of each battle, everyone rolls to see if they get into the Bonus Round. Everyone still gets one turn per round, but the order is essentially "cast fast and you're first".
    • This also allows for much easier-to-do combination shenanigans.
  • What does loose mechanics actually mean, anyways? Nutshell, you can interpret moves based on their descriptions and crazy logic. Effectively, you can now battle entirely by roleplay instead of the specific rules of everything.
    • The basics of rolling the stats and costs and whatnot are still the same though. Also, note that the DM moderates the bonuses, though usually that ends up in your favor... unless your roll suuuuuuuuuuuucks.
  • Since enemy profiles aren't written up, should you steal something, I'm not going to write up a full item for you to add to your profile; I'll just note what it is and what it does in chat, notate that into the profile however you want.

Steam Chat Reaction Wrote:Firiann Fellshard: RP-based? this is gonna be fuuuuun
WindStrike: YUP
Firiann Fellshard: ... and doubleex is invited?
Firiann Fellshard: THIS IS GONNA BE BROKEN FUN

Ah, one more thing:
  • Enemies are gonna have Reactions, which allow them to do something directly in reaction to an attack, like a trap card in Yugioh. These are either once-per-round or have a cost attached to them. However, since the same kind of action doesn't exist in most cases for players... you can use one of your Actions for the round as an actual reaction. ATTACK VS. ATTACK, BRING IT OOOOOOOON! Or heck, if you wanna armor up with a support spell, that could work too. Or pop a potion. Or... yeah, you get the point.

RE: Bob Goes On An Advencha! - WindStrike - 12-15-2016

Gerudo Warrior
  • Power: 15 (+0)
  • Courage: 30 (+0)
  • Wisdom: 20 (+0)
  • Hearts: 20/20 (+0)
  • Magic: 5/5 (+0)
  • Initiative: $init 1d15
  • Attack Dice: 0
  • Defense Dice: 0
  • Armor: 3

Affinities: None
Description
Physical Description
A standard warrior of the Gerudo race with light armor and a set of dual swords. Although the Gerudo are supposedly innately tied to Magic, these particular warriors use it only as a last resort and instead rely purely on agility and technique. They can, however, tap into their spiritual energy a bit.

Also, there appears to be a dark veil covering their faces, allowing only the orange-yellow glow of their eyes to filter through it.

Abilities
  • Passives:
    • Indomitable
    • Quick Speed
  • Reactions:
    • Kaiten!
  • Attacks:
    • Cross Slash
    • Spin Attack
    • Poison Strike
  • Support:
    • Spirit Infuse
Wisp
  • Power: 5 (+0)
  • Courage: 5 (+0)
  • Wisdom: 25 (+0)
  • Hearts: 5/5 (+0)
  • Magic: 40/40 (+0)
  • Initiative: $init 1d10
  • Armor: 0

Affinities: Light, Fire
Description
Physical Description
The flame-wreathed skulls known as Wisps may appear frightening, and they are, but in reality, they appear to be very frightening.

Abilities
  • Passives:
    • Warp Shield
    • Extra Support
  • Reactions:
    • Magic Regen
  • Attacks:
    • Daze
    • Death Silence
  • Support:
    • Light Orb
    • Mirage
Iron Knuckle
  • Power: 30 (+0)
  • Courage: 20 (+0)
  • Wisdom: 10 (+0)
  • Hearts: 45/45 (+0)
  • Magic: 0/0 (+0)
  • Initiative: $init 1d9
  • Armor: 6

Description
Physical Description
This giant, armored warrior with a layer of heavy, extra armor. With strength surpassing even that of a Darknut, the Iron Knuckle carries a massive axe with the power of a Goron-built hammer. Its attacks are capable of cleaving through enemies in a single strike, and then hitting even more enemies. However, once the armor comes off, its style changes…

A very dark shroud covers most the armor on its body.
  • Passives:
    • Status Protect
    • Heavy Plating
  • Attacks:
    • Cleave
  • Support:
    • Unbreakable Cover
  • Passives:
    • Status Immunity
    • Reckless Fury
  • Reactions:
    • Guard
  • Attacks:
    • Fury Strike
Ghini
  • Power: 6 (+0)
  • Courage: 12 (+0)
  • Wisdom: 30 (+0)
  • Hearts: 10/10 (+0)
  • Magic: 10/10 (+0)

Affinities: Shadow
Description
Physical Description
The resident ghosts of East Hyrule, Ghinis are large vengeful spirits who rise from their graves to plunge their victims into living hell until they join them among the dead. Tl;dr, they’re ghosts.
Abilities
  • Reactions:
    • Nether Phase
    • Max Regen
  • Attacks:
    • Phase Strike
    • Soul Rip
    • Phase Out
  • Support:
    • Infinite Chance
Tonberry Remastered
  • Power: 0 (+0)
  • Courage: 0 (+0)
  • Wisdom: 9999 (+0)
  • Hearts: 99,999/99,999 (+0)

Description
Physical Description
TONBERRY IS BACK, BABY, AND THIS TIME, THERE’S NO STOPPING HIM. REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED KNIFELY WITH A KNIFE IN THE BACK. ISN’T THAT JUST KNIFE?
Abilities
  • Passives:
    • Status Immunity
    • Soulbound
  • Reactions:
    • Closer
    • Even Closer
    • Very Much Closer
  • Attacks:
    • Ultimatum

Garo Master
  • Power: 14 (+0)
  • Courage: 45 (+0)
  • Wisdom: 25 (+0)
  • Hearts: 50/50 (+0)
  • Magic: 100/100 (+0)

Affinities: Shadow
Description
Physical Description
Origin: THE DEPTHS OF YOUR SOUL
A fallen warrior whose soul still lingers on, burning with thoughts of vengeance for those that killed him. However, his vision is distorted, and he’s mostly unable to tell who his real killers are. For some reason, he doesn’t attack any Gerudo...

He wields two blades, each of which seem to be made entirely of shadows, yet they somehow hold a physical form and are able to block any number of things, as well as pierce any Armor, no matter how strong it is. His cloak is remarkably similar to a certain other villain. It also seems to displace his actual position, making him rather difficult to hit at times.

I’M BATMAN!
Abilities
  • Passives:
    • Sword Dance
    • Nothing Left Behind
  • Reactions:
    • Displacement
    • Backslash
    • Deflect
  • Attacks:
    • Phase Slash
    • Illusive Strike
    • Parabolic Movement
  • Support:
    • Second Chance
    • Grave Life

RE: 12-14-16: Bob Goes On An Advencha! - WindStrike - 01-05-2017

Whoops, I forgot I had something else scheduled tonight, can't do session, I'll have to reschedule Session 4.2 to sunday or early next week, mah bad. In the meantime though, SubconsciousEye could use some players, so join over thar on his session friday night!

RE: 12-14-16: Bob Goes On An Advencha! - Orithan - 01-13-2017

Iron Knuckle
  • Power: 30 (+0)
  • Courage: 15 (+0)
  • Hearts: 120/120 (+0)
  • Armor: 6

Description
Physical Description
This giant, armored warrior with a layer of heavy, extra armor. With strength surpassing even that of a Darknut, the Iron Knuckle carries a massive axe with the power of a Goron-built hammer. Its attacks are capable of cleaving through enemies in a single strike, and then hitting even more enemies. However, once the armor comes off, its style changes…

This Iron Knuckle is much larger and it’s armor is more ornate compared to other Iron Knuckles. Could it be their captain?
Abilities
  • Passives:
    • Status Protect
    • Heavy Plating
  • Attacks:
    • Cleave
    • Full Break
  • Support:
    • Charge
Iron Nabooru
  • Power: 20 (+0)
  • Courage: 35 (+0)
  • Hearts: 60/120 (+0)
  • Magic: 25/25 (+0)
  • Armor: 2

Affinities: Spirit
Description
Physical Description
The person under the Iron Knuckle’s extra plating has turned out to be Nabooru, the Sage of Spirit! Still covered in armor, Iron Nabooru continues to fight the heroes; though she doesn’t seem to be doing so willingly. Maybe you need to liberate her from whatever mind control she is under.
The suit of armor Nabooru is trapped inside seems to be controlling her through powerful Magic, absorbing any damage that she would take and giving her strange abilities in return. Could she really be this corrupt?
Abilities
  • Passives:
    • Double Turn
    • Gerudo’s Fury
    • Status Immunity
  • Reactions:
    • Kaiten!
    • Guard
    • Quick Speed
  • Attacks:
    • Cross Slash
    • Super Spin Attack
    • Flip Attack
    • Punishment
    • Cleanse
  • Support:
    • Spirit Infuse
    • Spirit Armor
    • Great Spirit
    • Spirit Medallion’s Great Spirit
Agahnim
  • Power: 15 (+0)
  • Courage: 10 (+0)
  • Wisdom: 35 (+0)
  • Hearts: 100/100 (+0)
  • Magic: 500/500 (+0)

Affinities: Shadow, Fire
Description
Physical Description
Generic big bad evil mage dude, what more do you need?
Abilities
  • Passives:
    • Double Turn
    • Dark Phasing
    • Attack Rise
  • Reactions:
    • Shockwave
  • Attacks:
    • Black Inferno
    • Soul Drain
  • Support:
    • Summon Bats
Agahnim
  • Power: 25 (+0)
  • Courage: 10 (+0)
  • Wisdom: 35 (+0)
  • Hearts: 300/300 (+0)
  • Magic: 500/500 (+0)

Affinities: Shadow, Fire
Description
Physical Description
Generic big bad evil mage dude, what more do you need?
Abilities
  • Passives:
    • Double Turn
    • Dark Phasing
    • Attack Rise
    • Doomcharge
  • Reactions:
    • Shockwave
    • I Command You!
    • Doombolt
  • Attacks:
    • Black Inferno