Zelda Universe RPG

A Migration? - Printable Version

+- Zelda Universe RPG (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws)
+-- Forum: ZURPG General (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback & Suggestions (https://zurpg.sephiroth.ws/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: A Migration? (/thread-104.html)

A Migration? - AnubianDragon - 08-23-2012

I know that Wind has been trying to increase the number of players for this game. Armageddon Games Network (AGN, the home of Zelda Classic) is currently undergoing a resurrection and restructure, and I thought perhaps arrangements could be made to move the ZURPG to a forum there.

It would have the mutual benefit of attracting more participants, because it would combine both communities into a single, larger entity. There are some drawbacks, however, the biggest being the loss of administrator control (The IRC channel wouldn't have to change, though). I thought I would ask anyway, though, so that you would have the decision.

If your answer is yes, I will make a suggestion on your behalf at AGN for the new forum. If your answer is no, I will not raise this topic again.

RE: A Migration? - Sephiroth - 08-23-2012

I will say No, primarily on three reasons:
  1. I personally have not felt welcome there.
  2. The BBCode modifications on this forum, ... 99% chance they will not occur over there, due to the complexity of some of them.
  3. War Lord owes his community, (And all of the Zelda Classic community) an apology, for letting AGN die and become an infested spam-bot heaven like it has.

On the flip side, however, people from AGN are more than welcome to come over here and check us out.

RE: A Migration? - AnubianDragon - 08-24-2012

(08-23-2012, 10:17 PM)Sephiroth Wrote: I will say No, primarily on three reasons:
  1. I personally have not felt welcome there.
  2. The BBCode modifications on this forum, ... 99% chance they will not occur over there, due to the complexity of some of them.
  3. War Lord owes his community, (And all of the Zelda Classic community) an apology, for letting AGN die and become an infested spam-bot heaven like it has.

On the flip side, however, people from AGN are more than welcome to come over here and check us out.

Warlord relinquished administration to Ctrl-Alt-Delete, and he's been attacking the spammers with a vengeance. That doesn't admonish Warlord, of course, but he is no longer actively involved in the affairs of AGN.

But I had not considered the modified BB code, which is a significant disadvantage. Okay, I will post a thread at AGN in General Discussion telling members about this site (with a link, of course). Those that are interested can divert some of their attention over here.

I'm sorry if there's bad blood for you at AGN; I did not mean to open any old wounds.

RE: A Migration? - Sephiroth - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 01:02 PM)AnubianDragon Wrote: I'm sorry if there's bad blood for you at AGN; I did not mean to open any old wounds.

There's really no "bad blood" anywhere, to be honest. I just never felt welcome in the sense that in the past, it felt like there was a clique on AGN, and I was an outsider, looking in, and getting totally ignored, and thus didn't feel all that welcome.

Warlord relinquished control of AGN to ctrl-alt-delete, but that definitely doesn't relinquish him from his responsibilities if he wants AGN to remain the "home of ZC". He needs to step up to the plate, and take his responsibility like a man, and actually DO SOMETHING about it, instead of relying on others to clean up his messes for him. That's just a disgrace.

RE: A Migration? - WindStrike - 08-24-2012

I haven't been on AGN is bloody ages (as for here, stuff + personal weaknesses + school), but when I was there, I seemed fine. I'll think about it, and since I'm not going to start ZURPG back up until next semester (aka, no online British Literature class), we've got plenty of time to consider this. I have no intention of making a hasty decision myself and will consider this option, just don't expect an answer asap. Thank you for providing this option to us, AnubianDragon.

Question, by "new forum", do you mean this forum shifts entirely over to AGN? Keep in mind there's a ton of custom BBcode here, and I'm not sure how viable a complete transfer is.

RE: A Migration? - AnubianDragon - 08-24-2012

When I made the suggestion, I meant an entire section of AGN (AGN is divided up into sections, as you can see with General, Zelda Classic, Beta Development, etcetera). But since the rules require so much customized BB Code, perhaps a single sub-forum that directs players HERE for the rules, but lets them discuss the game on AGN. Essentially a copy of your Quest Discussion forum, possibly combined with chat logs.

Keep in mind, though, that I'm not an administrator. I'm just a mod, so if you decided to set up a partnership with AGN we would still need to discuss it with one of the administrators (probably Ctrl-Alt-Delete, since the revival is his project).

This is not an offer that expires, so take all the time you need to consider all the angles. In the meantime, I've posted a link to ZURPG in a thread in General Discussion.

RE: A Migration? - WindStrike - 08-24-2012

I was thinking about making the same suggestion, but I guess you beat me to it. Do keep in mind that I'm barely active right now.... guess I should alter the current announcement so that it doesn't deceive anyone visiting. I do think we should have a group chat in IRC or something to discuss various options and see what might be viable. Do you think you could set something like that up? For me, a Friday or weekend day would be good, no school during that time. It'll probably be me, Sephiroth, you, and ctrl-alt-delete (plus any others he deems to be involved), assuming we all say yes.

One of the decisions Sephiroth and I made for this site was there to be no community forum such that this place remains a database such that the rest of the community thrives in-game and on IRC. I won't say it was a bad decision, but I do feel like that ZURPG is based in a direction set only by us two with little direction and input from the players on what we really should be getting out of this. Technically speaking, having a community forum separate from the database is still in the bounds of the original decision.

The closest there is to it would be, as you've suggested, the Quest Discussion forum along with the Suggestions Box. If we were to go along with this (hypothetically speaking), it'd probably be more like an overall ZURPG Discussion Forum, which includes the Quest stuff, Backlogs (single thread, stickied), suggestions, and... discussion of the storyline/background stuff, official ones being over here though. Tis just a preliminary thought, again nothing final for probably another month or two. Speaking of which, I would like all decisions pertaining to this option finalized by the start of November, so that I may take the remaining durations of November and December to make potential preparations.

In the meantime, I'll be checking out AGN, hanging around there more often, etc.